Tuesday, November 9, 2010

pumpkin pickin

Well then.

It seems I've been slightly delinquent with keeping you all up to speed on the fun I've been having this fall. I'm going to blame the indian summer we've been having. Onward forward.

As promised, pumpkins were carved.






MyMan and I started off at the local pumpkin patch.













Soooo many to choose from!








We found JUST the right ones... then it was home for a bath!





















LET THE CARVING BEGIN!










There were pumpkin seeds.

LOTS o' pumpkin seeds.

I don't know what was with me this year. Despite the abundance of seeds, I just couldn't work up the hutspa to get 'em spiced and in the oven. So sue me, right?






Now. I wish I had pictures from all throughout the actual carving process... but I was so engrossed in my little tool kit and the wonderful things it was doing to my pumpkin... I took zero pictures. Fail.

My final product, however?







Viola!
The grosgrain ribbon is a finishing-touch-necessity for any gal's pumpkin... wouldn't ya say?











Final Product!
(AMAZING what those templates from the kit will do for ya, huh?)
;)

'till next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment